- All kids 9 yrs old or 8 yrs and in the third grade up to 19 are allowed to participate.
- There is no initial costs, all that is required is a good attitude and a willingness to listen and learn.
- For the first 6 lessons that your child attends he or she will have to use county equipment. County equipment are recurve bows shot with fingers only.
- After completing 6 lessons with recurve they are then allowed to bring personal equipment that has to pass our safety inspection. Note: They may elect to continue to use county equipment for practice and even compete with it.
- If kids use county equipment to compete they are required to provide they're competition arrows.
- No open toed shoes are allowed on the range.
- All long hair must be pulled back so that it may not get tangled on strings.
- SAFETY is most important while shooting.
Parents, If your child was at the first practice and left feeling that they didn't do that well let them know that they will get better. Please remind them that no one simply picks up a bow and is automatically good at shooting it. We will learn about proper form this week which will help them start grouping better. I look forward in seeing all that was there last week along with several more.